Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"COLOR ME CRAZY"

 This wall is located on the side of The Pod, in
Uptown Normal.  Every time I walk down this street this is the first thing I notice.  It is so fun and inspirational!  It is full of symbolism and abstract artwork.  It makes you want to take a closer look and find out what all these designs really are!  This is definitely something that turns interested pedestrians into customers!




When the walking pedestrian comes and takes a closer look you can see that the crazy/fun/ and abstract paintings correlate perfectly to the artistic flare of the actual store.  One can say "it's a little too much" or "it's a bit cluttery" however, I believe that is the stores identity and what makes it so unique and appealing to customers.  When you look at this display I believe I can find something that I cannot really find anywhere else.  Even with all the merchandise I can still see many vertical lines and there is still a rhythm and flow from the merchandise hung from the ceiling to the table.  They could have done a better job making more of the items flow, or emphasizing a certain piece to make something pop out.  But overall, I think this store and window is very unique and creative.




No comments:

Post a Comment